Total Pageviews

Thursday, March 14, 2013

Paleo possibly?

Ok... soo after I thought I was iron woman I paid the price of waddling for 2 days lol.  Althought it was the good pain I still needed rest for 13.2 which im soo pumped for.  I rested Wednsday and thank god because this weeks WOD is overhead lifts, deadlifts, and box jumps... the box jumps are scaring me since my quads are kind of weak right now.  Box jumps intimidate me to begin with ever since I faceplanted a few times, but ive learned to shake it off, laugh, and start jumping again.


So I went to the big girl class today (RX class) and I was one of 2 people who came lol.  Everyone else is smart and rested today to be prepared for 13.2 tomorrow.  My Thursday off means that I'm getting that WOD in no matter what since the rest of my week is harder to get there.  Today wasn't going to interfere terribly with 13.2.  Well... I was doing pull-ups and of course a callus from the last 3 months decided to half rip tonight ughhhhhh.  I swear I'm jinxed! 

3/14/13 WOD
STRENGTH
-Benchpress 3x5 @100lbs
METCON
-7 rounds for time 
--7 hollow rocks
--7 dumbell snatches right arm and 7 left @ 25lbs
--7 chest to bar pull-ups
finished in 10:29



Since I'm still a big girl and need assistance in most body weight exercises, I decided i really need to get serious about eating healthy... everyday.  I talked to my bud about paleo which Dr Nelson also recommended for many reasons.  It looks like I'm going to give it another try even if its more paleo than I was eating before.  I'm just trying to figure out whats considered paleo and whats not.  Hopefully these coconut chips from Trader Joes are paleo because theyre AMAZING!!!! As well as a lil is plenty to satisfy my after dinner sweet tooth.  Soo Yummy!


I also for some reason stopped drinking the massive amount of water I used to drink, soo looks like ill be peeing like a racehorse again lol.  We actually had a laugh about how girls always announce they're going to "pee" like anyone is interested lol but I do it all the time.  Also how women pee themselves a lil bit when lifting or doing double unders lol, we live such a rough life.  Then I heard about a women having perfect form while doing a deadlift and projectile vomiting soo I had to look it up! Something is soo wrong with me.  ANYWAY... wish me luck for tomorrow on 13.2 and I'll be sure to write about my St Pattys shenanigans.

3 comments:

  1. Did you find it? SOOOO gross!! PS Paleo is really awesome! I promise -- I'm still learning as I go too. And I'm a BIG girl too -- mad love to big girls haha -- so I totally understand!! PS BAM on the bench -- I haven't benched in AGES -- always seem to miss. Maybe open gym sunday?!?

    ReplyDelete
  2. did u read any books or websites that help with paleo?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES! Girl Read - It Starts With Food -- best thing ever!

      Delete