Total Pageviews

Sunday, March 10, 2013

Weekend Insanity

I don't even know where to start after this amazing weekend!  This gonna be a LONG one so get comfy.  I woke up Friday morning at 5:30am (which only happens if I have to catch a plane) to go to the first WOD of the Crossfit Games Open.  It was awful driving there but once I got in the box and started warming up with my coach I was ready to kick ass.  I got to train with a coach that I never get to see and I was pumped because its good to get another opinon of form, plus I know he will be tough on me.  I was very excited for this open thing and definitly a lil nervous.  I got the first 2 rounds in within the 17 min and I was happy with that... total of 130 reps of burpees and power snatches, half the snatches at 45lbs and the other half 75lbs.  Can I just say that after a shower I ran to work and I felt amazing all day!  Even though my knees where all rough and bleeding from my burpees lol.  I even played with the idea of going every Friday morning because I was on a post workout high ALL DAY LONG.  We'll see about that next Friday lol.

So after work (which was a great day) I ran home to meet up with some buds to see the Deftones play at the House of Blues in AC.  My poor friend Karen wasn't feeling soo hot and said she had gotten sick earlier but still wanted to go.  BAD IDEA... the poor thing was soo sick she missed the beginning of the show, but tried to hang in there so we could see it.  She must of caught that nasty stomach bug that's been going around.  After the Deftones started I went to get her out of the bathroom and she was pretty much lifeless.  So we left and I had to drive her car home, she could barely lift her head :(  Of course I wasn't paying attention when leaving AC and somehow I got on the pike when i shouldve been on rt 42! No biggie tho my other friend got me to go another way and the road was closed lol.  So we ended up taking the scenic route home which was pretty much a lightless road through the pine barrens but whatever we got her home.  I felt soo bad for her because I know she was feeling bad and at the same time embarrassed and upset that we didn't see the show but all we were worried about was her.  At least they opened with one of my favorite songs, Be Quite and Drive, so I was a happy girl!

I worked at 1pm on Saturday which was soo nice because it was a beautiful day!  My half day schedule was packed with some awesome people so it was easy to go in enjoy work and leave.  I came home and started getting ready for my Alycia's rice krispie treat bday party!  Thurs I made weight lifter chocolate molds with different colors and put them on top of the rice krispie treats, then decided to turn them into lolli pops with jimmies on the back.  I hoped Alycia would like them because shes a great coach and basically lives at the box.  She wouldn't take presents unless they were in the form of rice krispie treats so you know people were going to get creative!  They were fun to make because I'm a very tedious person and I like all that stuff... although I HATE being in the kitchen.  Chocolates are no pressure to make though because you cant mess up chocolate!  So Rob and I get to the party only to find soo many awesome treats including sushi, bacon, brandy, coco krispies, fruit loops, cookies and cream, and an actual chocolate covered kettlebell all made out of rice krispie treats!  It was hysterical!  Alycia's reaction to everything was classic... she even swung the kettlebell!  My buds were killing it in beer pong and I tried moonshine soaked cherries for the first time... I knew at that point I was going to be missing an awesome time.  I was upset it seemed like just when the party really got started we had to leave.  Its such a shame to have two ridiculous parties to got to in the same night... I prob wont have anything fun to do like this in awhile.... well... we do have St. Pattys(my fav) and my birthday in a few weeks... but theres no way im topping this night!

We were going to another party... a going away party which was really important to all my friends.  My friend is moving away to New Hampshire and I am happy for him and his family, hes doing what he has to do and that a great thing.  I am very sad though because we used to be best friends... hung out pretty much every day since high school.. he even took me to one of my proms.  We have soo many ridiculous memories with our goofy lil crew that we could prob write a book and no one would get it but us.  He and I kind of had a falling out and didn't talk for a couple years.  I'm still close with his brother and family so I knew he was ok, but it wasn't until we played softball together last year that we were friendly again.  Its not like it used to be, but things are different now and I'm just happy to have a friend back.  Everyone was pretty sad last night but it was great to see so many people show up to the shittiest bar I know.  I hope he realizes people are really going to miss him.  By the end of the night we had way too much beer and things started to feel like we were 22 years old again.  The boys were wrestling on the pool table, gross people at the bar were being mocked, wedgies, tears, hugs and shots were going around.  Oh and don't forget the relentless ball breaking.  If you never hung with us you would think we were the most vulgar, disrespectful jerks that have no soul but its pretty much how we share our love lol.  Especially for the guy whos moving, he catches it most of the time anyway but you could tell he was getting emotional.  As I was leaving I gave him a lil pep talk about how hes doing the right thing and he could always come home if it doesn't work and we will all support him.. but im sure he didn't get any of it considering he was soo wasted his words were coming out like growls lol but that's Dan.  I guess part of growing up is realizing stupid fights are really not important and time IS too short to miss out on friendships.  Im sad about this but maybe now we will stay in touch more.

Today we were invited to an engagement brunch through my boyfriends family.  Soo I had to skip softball practice which im a lil sour about since it was such a nice day... but whatever.  I didn't really know anyone besides his family so I just enjoyed who I talked to and enjoyed my bloody Mary's.  After that I got to see my nephew Brody, who I haven't seen in over a month and he was sooo stinking huge looking.  He was crawling all over the place and laughing so sweet, and then we decided he needed a haircut.  This is his 2nd cut less than 10 months old lol.  I cant have my nephew looking like a Trump.  He sat great and I moved fast... its all about the distraction with the lil ones!  I then bribed my Rob to take me over his sisters to see our other nephew Jeff, whos a 2 yr old maniac, so I could give him kisses and play cars.  Now we are home watching the Flyers.. ughhh they looked good but now im soo stressed.  My mom made me a Flyers garden gnome which I hope will give us luck.  I asked Rob to name him and all he came up with was "Gnomie"... its awful but I couldnt stop laughing so I think its going to stick.  Poor Gnomie!

What a great weekend.  I wish both of those parties were different nights because I really wanted to stay at Alycias but I could never miss the drunken mess that was basically Dans wake. lol Im absolutely exhausted and my poor liver is hating me.  I cannot wait to go to crossfit tomorrow and bust my ass,  hopefully ill get some good green healthy food to recover from this weekend. Oh yeah and I cant wait to see where I rank world wide for this Crossfit games Open, all the results have to be in by tonight so it should be interesting... but fun.


No comments:

Post a Comment