Total Pageviews

Sunday, March 3, 2013

Weekend Recap...

So I'm not sure if its just me and the hairstylist life style, but our weekend is a lil different.  Friday and Saturday, being the biggest days of our week, means we need to rest. So unless I want to go to crossfit because I really like the WOD, friday nights are typically a quiet night for me.  I need the energy to plan and focus for a gruelling 2 days worth of non-stop hustling to just stay on time.  Curve balls get thrown at you all day and theres no room for error, so I try to teach the younger girls to just stay calm and keep cool because what can you do, it always works out.  Its a beautiful mess sometimes but I love those crazy days.  With all of the amazing help I have from our 2 awesome assistants and all the help I get from my friends, nothing is ever impossible.  Its just a matter of keeping cool and staying in control.  My work means everything to me.  I love my company.  I love my shop.  Most importantly I enjoy going in everyday and hanging with my clients and helping them with feeling great about their hair.   As well as my amazing crew which I have seriously been blessed to be a part of.  I sound like a big annoying cheerleader... but its truly from the bottom of my heart how much I love my job.


With all that said... I decided to go out Friday night with the awesome girls from Aspire!  They bowled and I just watched, I knew I was going to be late so I just came to hang out.  I swear give a few girls some drinks and a camera and watch as they entertain themselves for hours. It was great talking about things outside of the gym although we knew we could pick up our table and toss it for distance. These are some wonderful people and i'm glad Ive become friends with them! We were laughing soo hard and having a blast I decided to stay a lil later than I planned but it was soo worth it.  I used to be able to do that every weekend like a champ, but as I get older its not as awesome but this weekend was totally worth it.  

Saturday is my big night out and I get really disappointed if the night is wasted.  This Saturday we went out to dinner with our friends that we don't see as much as I would like to.  Their life changed when they had a baby and we can't go out like hooligans anymore with them (which seems to be the trend with all my friends right now).  We did however do dinner at 6:30 which was early for all of us but I didn't care because I didn't eat all day so I was ready. We ended up at our fav La Esperanza, Rob ate and destroyed a fat alex and I had a white meat chicken burrito yummmm!  They make the best fresh margaritas... which is hand squeeze lime juice and tequila with a dash of agave syrup.. I can't do sour mix its just awful and hurts my stomach.  After some great food and awesome drinks we decided to take the party back to the house and play cards.  Rob had to be up early and work booo... but we were having fun fighting over the game and the radio soo he made it til 1am.  He informs me before we left that he still had to wash his work clothes for the next morning.... errruggghhhhh wtf!  I bribed him by telling him i would stay up and do it so we could stay later lol. I wish we could've played all night it was a great time, as always when I'm with these particular people. I know its just tough nowadays when theres families to take care of. 




Today I woke up a lil groggy with another 5 hours of sleep lol with a subtle taste of tequila in my mouth (even tho I brushed my teeth lol).  Ive been looking forward to this day all week, FIRST SOFTBALL PRACTICE of the year!  I give soo much credit to my girl Karen for putting this all together all the time.. signing up a team of misfits, collecting all our info, putting together practices, going back and forth with the league... its a pain in the ass and I appreciate all her effort!  Although it was 37 degrees and windy as shit we got all our cold gear on and faced the elements.  Once you got moving around it was actually ok though.  So my new Boombah cleats are AWESOME... they felt like I was playing in slippers and gripped the dirt like claws, thanks Matt!  My hitting wasn't so spectacular... not awful but not like I wanted.  I was hoping for more ropes but my back is still messed up and actually started feeling worse while playing.  We played around for 3 hours and made fun of each other like 12 yr old boys with mouths like truck drivers.  Oh and I also have a new bruise... or lump or raspberry.. I don't know what to call it but I took a bad bounce off the front of my ankle! oh well thats the life of an infielder!

WOD (workout of the day)
3 hours of softball

Now I'm cooking a nice dinner for my boy and if you know me well... you know I don't like to cook and I only do it a few times a year.  He hasn't had a day off in over a week and hes exhausted so I'm making his favorite roast beef and garlic mashed potatoes.  God help me this better turn out good.... or maybe it wont and ill never have to cook again! lol!


3 comments:

  1. I'm glad I've gotten to know you too :) PS I'm super jealous of your softball team -- I miss playing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you wanna come fill in? here and there? we always need a back up girl no commitment neccessary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YESSSSSS! You let me know!!! I'll hit the batting cages to keep up =p But I haven't played in AGES -- I'd probably suck now haha

      Delete