Total Pageviews

Friday, March 29, 2013

Its all about the challenge...

Sooo.... Monday (like always) I woke up without an alarm ...so nice.. and then had my coffee, watched some morning TV, played around on FB... and then got ready to WOD.  I was excited because I haven't done a push press in awhile and I needed it.  Thanks to my friend Ali I was able to get 125lbs shes awesome!  We also had to do toes to bar in the metcon which I haven't done in at least 2 months.  I was surprised that I actually got alot closer than ever with them.  Atleast 10 in from the bar... which is crazy because I couldn't even get my knees to my elbows before.  I wrapped it up at crossfit went home to rush for work... and I made myself an amazing smoothie with banana spinach and choc tripact protein yum!  Work was great as always and I was thrilled because my girlie Char was joining our Monday staff and it worked out great... she ended up doing well for the day! Shes come a long way since Ive been there and im soo proud of her.  Almost reminds me that Monday will be my year anniversary in my store.  It went sooo fast but an amazing year!

3/25/13 WOD
STRENGTH
-push press @125lbs x 5
METCON
20-15-10-5 rounds of
-push press @75lbs
-burpees
-toes to bar

I rested on Tues I was pretty sore but ya know the good kind and I had to open the shop early.  After work I had all my ingredients ready to make this killer Butternut Squash Soup that my bud Jill from my box put up on her blog.  This automatically means I was going to the Wed WOD which I love because its with Alycia and I never end up with her as a coach.  Shes soo great to me, very helpful with everything especially with the whole Paleo thing which is still going well btw.  The only this about Wed is its a 730am class and I don't have to work until noon.  Call me lazy but since I work late I'm up late and don't sleep well so I try to sleep late.  I also have to get up an hour earlier to take my stupid thyroid meds (which I HATE).  The class was great even though I was yawning the whole first 20 min,  my friend Rachel was there which was awesome.  We did back squats but since I was planning on doing my 13.4 today I took it easy yesterday.  In between squats I again practiced my toes to bar since I was soo close on Monday and I was even CLOSER... like 2 inches!!  I asked Alycia for some pointers on them and she gave me a great warm up to do.  I liked our metcon too but I still took it easy I felt like cheater because I cut stuff back but I didn't count my rounds, I just tried to keep moving.  Later I went to work and had one of the girls from crossfit in my book yay!  I was thrilled to show the girls at work that Im not crazy ...we are just awesome people.  Especially Trica shes soo great at it, but it was nice we talked a lil crossfit and mostly talked about normal people stuff.  I finished up late since my last client thought I still worked in my old store and went there lol I didn't mind waiting.

3/27/13 WOD
STRENGTH
-Back Squat 3x6 @175lbs
METCON
AMRAP in 12 min
10 Dumbell Squat Thrusters
10 Box Jumps
10 Sit-ups

So 13.4 was announced last night and Im guessing that I jinxed us... I couldnt believe it but there was toes to bar in it!!!  I was thrilled to try this since I was soo close in the last week to gettin them.  I decided since I have a Phillies game after work friday (when we do these open workouts) that I was going to have to do it today.  It was in my head that I was getting at least one toes to bar.  So I got my bud Alycia to judge me and thank god it started with clean and jerks @ 95lbs.  I did those real fast and had the rest of the time to get a toes to bar... guess what... NOPE.  Just raw hands and dissapointment.  I moped around the rest of the day but I decided to go back with my friend Melissa (with the broken ankle) tonight to try again after resting and AGAIN NOPE.  I was shut down... I havent had alot of problems crossfitting and picking things up fast.. but this kinda broke my heart.  I even got one foot up on the bar over a dozen times which was so exciting because I thought I was pretty much there.  After my shoulders were killing me and my hands had blood blisters... I decided to just work on clean and jerks.  Anyway that left me with a score of 3. Ughhhhhh 3.  I at least wanted to get to the second round of clean and jerks but whateve.  Thats what wine is for.

3/28/13 WOD

                            Oh yeah ...we were twins today...not planned lol







95lb clean and jerk for practice... form is getting better now that
 im not going as heavy as I can lol...justin was right.                                  

6 comments:

  1. You'll get T2B SOOOO soon -- I can feel it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea prb Monday when I need it by Sunday lol thanks for backing me up

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did so much this week - impressed. You are def strong enough for T2B, just need to get that swing down. I'll be practicing them at open gym tomorrow - come!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. good post!!!!
    https://customgq.com

    ReplyDelete