Total Pageviews

Tuesday, April 2, 2013

birthday weekend...

Ok yay Happy Bday to me! So me and some awesome peeps went out for drinks sat after a crazy day in Marlton. I strayed from my paleo for the weekend and had a lil pizza and a lil bit of bar food but its Easter and my bday. My night out with friends was wonderful... Especially because some of my friends from work got to hang with my crew and couldn't believe the awful things we say to each other. We are actually horrible. Either way we closed the bar and went home to bed. Thanks to everyone for coming out!!!!










 Rob mentioned he wanted to go to crossfit in the morning so you know I took advantage of that.  It was Easter and after 5 hours of sleep we got up, got ready and were there by 10am.  It was cool to see some of my buds on a Sunday for open gym and I loved that my Robbie asked me to show him some basic lifting techniques ...omg! My caveman actually asked ME about lifting weights lol!!! This is def a highlight of my life... I know it's sad but he doesn't ask me for anything and he wasn't impressed by anything I was able to lift before but now I think I have his respect. We were only able to stay about an hour since I had softball practice, and it wasn't cold so I was excited for that. My Sunday league is all my old friends and we are much more awful to each other on the field than normal. We practiced about 2 hrs and I was happy with my swing.

3/31/13 WOD
-open gym - worked on lifting form and mobility
-softball 2 hours


I then ran home to get a shower to see my nephew Brody who's absolutely adorable. He had on a bunny outfit omg!! After a lil but we went to Robs moms to see the other lil monster who got a grill from the Easter bunny lol. The poor kid has soo many allergies he can't eat anything so he gets to grill fake burgers and dogs lol. I picked at only a few snacks before dinner because I was starving but I love ham and wanted to save my appetite. I ended up only having ham and corn since I didn't like the rest of the food but I'm picky so that's my own fault. We also had a orange creamsicle birthday cake for me from sweet eats which is AMAZING so I didn't need to gorge myself. I don't know when I'll learn my lesson but the cake actually made me sick lol... I guess from eating no starches or dairy and then POW in the guts! It was worth it lol.

I woke up Monday morning the day of my bday and had my coffee while watching my shows... ahh nothing makes me enjoy the morning more.  My day was planned out like every other Monday,  noon crossfit followed by working the night.  I was always a firm believer in "no one works on their birthday" but I really enjoy work and I had a half day with 3 big colors who I thoroughly enjoy working on and the Monday crew which make it a fun day to work.   The WOD was deadlifts!!! yay!!!
I wanted to PR for my bday so I pushed it and got 255lbs.  It was fun there was soo many people and my buds were there.  We sat on our weights and had as Liz called it BAR TALK lol... shes soo funny. The metcon was intense(20 min AMRAP), me and Ali pretty much did the entire thing together thank god because I forgot about counting lol... shes awesome.  It was amazing when the 20 min was up... she turned off the radio and all you could hear was everyone gasping for air.  No joke I actually felt nauseous, and then realized when it was all over that somewhere along the way I ripped a callous ughhhhh!!! This is going to annoy me all week at work and woding!  I just hope it doesn't interfere with 13.5, which btw I'm still thrilled to be able to make it through... hopefully lol.

4/1/13 WOD
STRENGTH
-deadlift 5 reps @255lbs
METCON
20 Min AMRAP- 11 rounds
-5 deadlifts @125
-5 pull ups
-10 push ups
-15 air squats

When I got to work I came in to find my station was all decorated!!! It was soo sweet! My girls really took care of me.. how did I get soo lucky?  The night went quick and I was spoiled.  I asked Rob to make steaks on the grill for dinner since my stomach still kinda hurt from the night before.  When I came home we ate and his steaks were awesome, then he gave me his presents.  OMG hes a nut, I got a couple great outfits for crossfit, cute vans shoes, and Dolce and Gabbana sunglasses.  I loved the sunglasses but they looked weird on me, so Rob wanted to take them back ASAP.  It was a great birthday!

Today I woke up to WOD and I was pretty sore from yesterday.  I knew I wouldn't be putting up big numbers but I still wanted to go.  Toes to bar was in the metcon so I wrapped up my open callous and tried to swing but it killed me, so Alex told me I was good with sit ups instead.  We did 2 split jerks every min on the min for 10 min, which means we had to clean them up too.  I didn't have it in my shoulders and back to clean more than 115lbs... I tried and got shut down lol.  At one point when I dropped the barbell from above my head it landed on some weights and came back only to wack me in the shin OUCH!  I actually cant believe that has never happened before to be honest but it hurt.  My shins now are all jacked up from the barbell and I'm going into softball season with a head start being all banged up.  The metcon was 4 rounds for time and 10 sets of everything and I felt good about it.

4/2/13 WOD
STRENGTH
-Split Jerksx2 EMOM 10min
METCON
4 rounds in 7:14
-10 push press
-10 14lb medball sit ups
-10 box jumps

I worked all day and when I got done Rob still wanted to go to the mall to take back my sunglasses.  I'm glad we went because I found another pair of Burberry ones that I loved so I got them yay!!!  We went to lady foot looker too because I got a giftcard there and was looking at possibly new sneaks.  Not for crossfit, not for running, not for the gym or working out... just nice bad ass sneaks.  I got nothing.  I even tried the other footlocker and they had nothing.  Maybe ill just order something online.  Anyway we went to Ruby Tuesday while we were there for dinner because they have good food choices.  I got grilled chicken with spaghetti squash and salad bar.... I actually never even ate my dinner since I ate a spinach salad and was full.  That's different... I guess I'm starting to fill up easy, but I swear before I eat I feel like I could eat a whole cow.  Here's something to check out... I downloaded an app for my phone called Gympact.  I'm not sure how it works yet but its hooked up to paypal and I bet $5 a workout that I will workout at least 3 times a week.  If I go all 3 times... I get paid by the other people who put money in and didn't go.  I guess its like a pool but an app.  Seems easy enough since I'm going at least 4-5 times a week anyway I might as well get paid for it... but we shall see.

No comments:

Post a Comment