Total Pageviews

Thursday, April 18, 2013

REST? who needs rest!

I started this week feeling kind of sore still from Festivus last Saturday, so I said... I'll take it easy... yea ok.  The wod monday was intense and long but I loved it.  We did bench pressing for strength and Tabata this! for our conditioning.  I know have a full understanding of what Tabata means... and I loved it.  I did what I could because my body was tired but I felt great about this WOD... and I was dripping in sweat so I know I got a good one in.

4/15/13 WOD
Strength
-Bench Press 3x6 @95lbs
Metcon
Tabata Sets of
-Rowing for calories
-Pull-ups
-Push-ups
-squats
-sit-ups

After my WOD I was feeling a lil lightheaded... I'm not sure if my allergies are just that bad and when I cant catch my breath I feel like my ears get all stuffed lol.  Either way I don't think light eating before working out is working for me.  Which sucks because I'm one of those people who cant eat right after waking up.  I had a protein shake and some eggs and felt much better.

Tuesday I was planning on getting up and hitting up Aspire but I ended up being soo tight in my shoulders/trap/neck that there was no way I could do cleans which I think was part of the WOD.  I guess I SHOULD rest... lol.  I know I have to do it to get strength but I HATE rest days... am I psychotic?  Am I crazy because I love going there and doing something good for myself while surrounding myself with awesome people?  NO.  Like I said before... its good for the soul.. I don't think you can walk out of there without feeling good.  On a side note... I found a pic from the photographer from the Festivus Games and its hysterical but I have to say im thrilled to see I make a face like im trying... any of the other pics im in while training usually just look like me trying to catch my breath lol.

Wednesday I already had my dri-fit clothes laid out to get up and go for the 730am class.  I HATE waking up early if I don't have to but I love that feeling when I'm done busting my ass for the day by 830am.  Sometimes I think I'm just as addicted to the post-workout feeling.  After that I ran to wegmans got some grass fed beef and got stuff for dinner later.  Ive been sticking to a mostly paleo diet which its been a lil easier to stray this week since I'm not training for a particular reason.  Im thrilled that ive been losing weight still.  But to be honest I hate the way I feel after I eat shitty... it hurts my stomach and I feel like shit.

4/17/13 WOD
Strength
-Back Squat x4 @235lbs
Metcon
4 rounds
-10 back squats @95lbs
-15 burpees
-400m row

Today I woke up and went to the 9am class... and I woke up early enough to eat something real before my WOD.  I'm not a fan of shoulder presses since I cant get a PR for months now.  I couldn't even get more than 80lbs up when I normally strict press 85 wtf.  Either way I wasn't sweating it... Alycia explained to me that I'm at a point now where I'm not always going to get a PR every time.  Sometimes I need people to put things in to perspective for me... shes absolutely right and realized I cant beat myself up for not lifting more weight than the last time.  However I am looking to build some arm strength in areas we don't really focus on.  So this is where Rob comes in.. although he doesn't really know good form lol.

4/18/13 WOD
Strength
-shoulder(strict) press
Metcon
sets of 21-15-9
-push press @55lbs
-pull-ups
-box jumps
finished in 9:35

I felt good after I finally caught my breath.  I wasn't lightheaded or feeling weird.  In fact I felt like hitting DSW for some new spring shoes for work since I put the boots away.  I did find a cute pair of strappy flats by some ortho company which is fab for my kind of job.  After that I went over to pick up my bud Melissa because its been 4 weeks since she broke her ankle and we had an appt at the orthopedic.  She got great news and is healing fast.  She also decided to try and drop the crutches for a lil bit and was hobbling around well.  Today was finally my day to get my 2 inches of roots touched up by my bud Ashley.  I pretty much tortured this poor girl for 2 hours while she did the tedious job of color my hair.  My color is fresh and bright and I'll like it much better in 2 weeks when I get a lil root ...I'm soo weird ...i want to be blonde but it doesnt look great with my skin and black eyebrows so I feel like a lil root makes me look better.... I'm nuts.

We had another great softball game tonight with the blue team winning 11-3... I just love these girls.  I swear sometimes all we do is break each others balls to the point where I almost forget about the other team.   There was some funny errors nothing too bad, and we were all hitting even if the women was pitching illegally all night.  Our new ump had a humongous strike zone...like up at the shoulders in slow pitch is not a strike but he called it.  Either way it was fun because I play on the best team and I swear when we aren't in season I miss these women soo much!

Sooo I got my clothes ready to WOD after work tomorrow, I apparently don't feel like resting at all this week but I feel good so why not.  I love seeing the pm crossfiters its nice to catch up with them and kill WODs.  I'm looking forward to curling my hair and seeing my fresh color done right.  All the girls from work (30 of us) and husbands are going to the 8pm phils game Sunday night and planning an day of tailgating with all the works.  I'm not sure yet but since my coed softball game is later in the day I'm prob going to skip it... as long as they don't need me and last week they didn't so we'll see.


No comments:

Post a Comment