Total Pageviews

Monday, May 20, 2013

FRANtastic weekend!!!

I started my weekend off with ...of course... a new injury.  I don't know if I just jammed, hyper extended, or busted my finger, but by today its just really sore and stiff.  After a fielding softball practice I took a bad bounce off a ball and saw stars.  My ring finger was instantly numb and didn't hurt too much so I continued to play.  When I woke up sat morning it was killing me... all bruised and swollen like a sausage.  Thank god I had a half day because I actually need that finger to cut hair and couldn't imagine doing more work than I had scheduled.  I had a great day though and once I clocked out we wrapped me in a splint and went straight to the phils game.

It was just me and rob and we love starting at xfinity for food and beers.  Ive realized its tough to tailgate with only 2 people and sometimes its just awesome to be waited on.  Summer Shandy was my drink of choice for the night and it definitely hit the spot.  The game was pitiful so we left and met up with some buds at a new local bar.

Sunday was awful.  The weather sucked and I was pretty much expecting to play softball, but believe it or not ...we played.  Well... we kinda played.  We more or less got slaughtered which is not like our team.  It was muddy and rainy, but I'm just happy no one got hurt.  When your running around an slipping sliding all over its soo easy to get hurt but nothing was hurt but our egos.

Ali's sweat angel
Soo... today was FRAN at the box!!!!  I was excited but a lil hesitant with my bad shoulder.  Its alot of thrusters which I really haven't been able to do heavy since feb.  Now that we know my shoulder pain is coming from my arm muscles not activating (not working whatsoever) Im trying to stretch and do whatever I can to get them to wake the fuck up!  Before people got there I was hanging with Bonnie and asked her what she suggested.  I ended up doing some 15lb dumbell arm workouts.  Just light, quick but tight movements.  I'm soo awful at dumbells since Ive always done barbell, with the exception of some little stuff.  When I do any dumbell workouts my arms are all wobbly over the place and pretty weak.  Anything over 20 is just pathetic looking and not tight, almost like no control.  Can I tell you how much those exercises helped me.  I went to do my thrusters and I was def nervous that it was going to hurt but I had no pain... I even went up to 125 but couldn't do more than one lol.  I was soo thrilled.  This meant that I was going to participate in FRAN.  This class was great... full of some great people and we banged out the wod soo fast it barely felt like an hour.  I love working out with some of my fav buds, it seemed like an event of some sort.  I even got a short video of 2 of my buds starting fran.


Anyway my I was thrilled with my FRAN score.  I dropped down to the red and orange bands for my pull ups and did the RX weight at 65lbs.  Somehow I beat my old time by a full min.  I'm happy with that especially since I didn't even think I would be able to do it. This was awesome tho because I actually had burning post-wod numbness in my forearms... so I know them babies were working!  I never had that pain there before so as awful and rubbery as it was I know did everything right.

5/20/13 WOD
STRENGTH
-thrusters x3 @115lbs
METCON
-FRAN- sets of 21,15,9
--thrusters @65lbs
--pull ups
finished in 7:08

No comments:

Post a Comment