Total Pageviews

Thursday, May 23, 2013

Sweating my a$$ off!

Hey hey HAY! Ok so I guess I'm going to start with what a great but fast week its been.  I don't know how but its already Memorial Day weekend! This week flew by I can only hope the weekend slows down and I get to enjoy it.

So I'm having some great pain in my arms, which is showing that all the right muscles are working and no pain in the shoulder!  This is great.  There was a great WOD on Tues which was push up torture (i loved it) on the arms, and bench pressing for 8 reps which is the most I've done.

5/21/13 WOD
STRENGTH
-benchpress x8 @100lbs
METCON
-sets of 21,18,15,12,9
--push ups
--sit ups
--50m lunges with 30lb dumbells
finished in 8:34

Wed I woke up in the early AM to WOD and couldn't even roll myself over to hit the alarm clock.  Haha it was tough to get out of bed, ya know later after I realized I was too sore to workout, but I finally got my coffee and stretched then realized I had soo much upper body/arm pain that work was going to be tough.  Thank god when we cut hair we have our elbows low because it was going to be a T-REX kind of day lol!  All was well until I tried to undress myself to shower hahaha, it was soo pathetic trying to get out of my shirt, I think may have bruises from something in the bathroom.  Getting dressed again was also quite a sight.  The pain was great though, like I def pushed myself well past the comfort zone.  I definitely needed a rest day.

Today I woke up stretched out, still pretty sore, but when I saw it was squat day I knew I would be ok to WOD.  We did "jackie" today for the conditioning part of the WOD.  It was soo awful to look at but once we got warmed up it wasn't soo bad.  I think I was psyching myself out about trying to do 50 thrusters after just doing them Monday for the first time with no pain.  Also the last time I rowed (which is another one of my favs) I had to stop after just starting because my shoulder.  Seriously though... no shoulder pain!  I swear Dr Nelson is the man!!

5/23/13 WOD
STRENGTH
-back squat x4 @225lbs
METCON
"Jackie"
-1000meter Row
-50 thrusters @35lbs
-30 pull ups
finished in 11:07


Softball was rained out tonight soo Robbie took me out for dinner and a drink.  I tried the Three Olives Monroe with club... pretty good but I would rather have my goose.  This woman came in sat right in front of me at the bar and I couldn't stop staring at her! She had to be 80lbs and in this long maxi dress with bracelets that looked like orange tires around those boney lil wrists.  She looked very arrogant and mean too. The top of her arms were as thick as my wrists. I wanted to send her a burger and then put her up top for an overhead squat. Then I kept thinking ..I could def overhead squat her I know it.  Is something wrong with me.. I just found her to be weak and it made me sad.  I don't ever want to look like that poor woman, I want to be fit and tight with muscles not bones.   Let me tell u though she thought her shit didn't stink. It feels good to have some meat and I never felt this great before. I'm proud of who I'm becoming because even tho I'm sore and I complain (alot) I still get up and do it again and again. I even doubt myself all the time be cause I'm having pain or whatever it is this week but then once I stretch, warm up, and get a pep talk from my coach I feel ready to kick ass.

This weekend is going to consist of lots of bad food, snacks and seasonal bbq goodies, and beer I'm sure.  I plan to get all of my cravings out of my system this weekend as I joined a 4 week healthy eating challenge with my friends from the box.  Sunday my friends and I are planning on having a softball game of some sort and a party after.  The details are still being worked out but I have Sunday and Monday off soo I'm looking forward to relaxing and running around like a 10yr old.  I LOVE when I have 2 days off in a row, it somehow feels like 4 days off.  Work is soo busy.  I would love to change my schedule around a lil and having sun mon thur off again and work extra long days but that kind of hurt my body, ya know with no breaks or nourishment, oh yeah and stress fractures. Besides I feel like my monday night gets a few people in who enjoy the quiet night.  Ohhh if only there were 8 days in the week lol. Have a great holiday weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment