Total Pageviews

Thursday, May 9, 2013

where did this week go?

Soo this week went too fast.  I hit my regular crossfit schedule with the exception of  Tues.  After Mondays "grace" wod... i was just burned out lol.  Wed I got to do something new... its apparently a torture squat session lol but i loved it.  I think I did almost 100 squats yesterday with weights half about 65lbs and the rest over 150lbs.  No wonder I'm waddling around today lol.  So somehow the metcon had a few toes to bar(which i still cant do, but the form has gotten much better) which apparently did something to front of my shoulder.  Come to find out today that I must have really pulled it but, Dr Nelson figured out something huge with this.  So I have a majorly under developed bicep on the side that hurts, and that tends to be the side of my back that hurts as well as typical shoulder pain.  I'm glad we found out the weakness that's been causing some annoying pain off and on for a bit now.  Dr Nelson is the man, he really knows his stuff.

5/6/13 WOD
STRENGTH
-clean and jerk x1@140lbs
METCON
-30 clean and jerks for time
finished in 4:24

5/8/13 WOD
STRENGTH
-front squat x5@155lbs
-hatch squats
METCON
3 rounds of
-21 front squats @65lbs
-15 kettlebell swings @45lbs
-12 toes to bar
-9 burpees
finished in 12:57

5/9/13 WOD
STRENGTH
-hexbar deadlift x3 @295lbs
METCON
only finished one round
-500m row
-12 deadlifts
-21 box jumps


After my appt my shoulder felt good enough to workout, and the WOD didn't have much arms in it so I decided to give it a go.  I felt good doing the lift but I had a hard time with the first part of the metcon.  Rowing is something I truly enjoy but today I had to stop after the first round.  It even hurt my shoulder to do box jumps which is bizarre.  Sore wasn't even close to describe how bad it hurt.  I had a hard time driving and also could barely put deodorant under my arm.  Thank god I booked for an appt with my friend who is a massage therapist.  I saw her and just did neck and back, she said I was really tight.  After my awesome massage I was able to move more without pain... thank god because I had a softball game in a couple hours.

I love playing ball with my blue girls.  They're soo funny and its nice to spend that time with them.  I was pissed because I wasn't hitting well and my buds told me that my bat sounded weird.  Sure enough my effin bat was rattling when you tapped it on the ground.  WTF!!! I loved that bat and now its broken... that explains why I couldn't get anything to move on Sunday.  We found out that Easton has a return policy and should take my bat back.  Its not even a year old and I paid good money for it.  Either way we won and are still undefeated.

Tomorrow is a big prom day in the salon and I'm sooo excited for it.  I love formal hair, and thank god I don't have to blow dry because my shoulder couldn't take it.  Its going to be a crazy busy day though.  Days like this I don't have a break or a chance to eat.  I will rely on my orgain shakes to get me through the day lol.  I'm trying to not drink them as much with paleo and all, but its better than not eating and its atleast organic.  Speak of paleo... I had this amazing BACON BLOODY MARY last night, from Zinburger.  My meal was mostly paleo but it was an embellished delicious version. I enjoyed every bit!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment